We endeavour to equip our students with key skills for the future and instil in them a love of lifelong learning as well as personal growth.
Leaving Certificate Vocational Programme
The primary goal of the LCVP is to prepare young people for adult life by ensuring that they are educated in the broadest sense, with an ability to cope and thrive in an environment of rapid change. Participants in the programme are encouraged to develop skills and competencies fundamental to both academic and vocational success.
Throughout the programme students are encouraged to:
- Be innovative and enterprising
- Take responsibility for their own learning
- Adapt to changing circumstances
- Evaluate data and devise solutions to problems
- Communicate their thoughts and ideas effectively
- Work with others as part of a team.
- Investigate and plan career options.
- Use information and communications technologies.
- Investigate local businesses and community enterprises.
- Learn from their experiences.
LCVP students receive the same certificate as other Leaving Certificate students but their Certificate includes an additional statement of results of the Link Modules.
Grades for the Link Modules are as follows:
The Link Modules are recognised in points terms by the Institutes of Technology and Universities.
The points are allocated as follows:
Distinction 70 points
Merit 50 points
Pass 30 points