We pursue excellence in teaching & learning and encourage participation in a range of opportunities/activities beyond the classroom/curriculum.
Assessment in LCA
The LCA Programme has 3 Modes of Assessment:
Satisfactory Completion of Modules 62 Credits (31%)
7 Students Tasks 70 Credits (35%)
Final Examination 68 Credits (34%)
Total 200 Credits
Students are assessed on a continuous basis over the four sessions with credits being awarded at the end of the session on satisfactory completion of modules.
- Satisfactory Completion of Modules: This involves students completing mandatory Key Assignments for each course.
- 7 Student Tasks: Students complete 7 tasks over the two years. Tasks are anchored in specific courses. A task is a substantial project and is worth 10 credits. Students are interviewed by external examiners
Students have the potential to achieve 66% of their overall marks before completing their final exams.
Terminal Examinations: Terminal Examinations are provided in the following areas:
- English and Communication
- Two Vocational Specialisms
- Mathematical Applications
- Language (Gaeilge Chumarsáideach & Modern European Languages)
- Social Education
The written examinations will generally be held in the same period as other Leaving Certificate examinations.
Oral examinations, as well as written/aural examinations, will be held in the case of all the languages including English and Communications.