“That is part of the beauty of all literature. You discover that your longings are universal longings, that you’re not lonely and isolated from anyone. You belong.”
As teachers of English, we aim to develop in students:
- A mature and critical literacy to prepare them for state examinations and for the responsibilities and challenges of adult life.
- A respect and appreciation for language and a competence in a wide range of skills, both oral and written.
- An awareness of the value of literature in its many forms for enriching their perception, for enhancing their sense of cultural identity, and for creating experiences of aesthetic pleasure.
Develop and encourage student learning in:
- Oral and aural skills
- Reading and written skills
- To prepare for state examinations.