We pursue excellence in teaching & learning and encourage participation in a range of opportunities/activities beyond the classroom/curriculum.
What Courses are offered in the Leaving Certificate Applied
The programme is divided into three main areas:
- Vocational Preparation
- Vocational Education
- General Education
- Vocational Preparation : Work Expereince is essential to this element of the programme. Students undertake workplacement every Friday during school term over the course of the academic year.
- Vocational Education : all students take courses in Mathematical Applications and Inroduction to Information and Communciations Technology. They also choose two specialist courses from the following career related areas:
- Graphics and Construction
- Hotel, Catering and Tourism
- Information and Communications Technology
- General Education : Students experience a broader dimension to their education through courses in :
- Arts Education: Drama
- Modern Language : Spanish
- Leisure & Recreation
- Social Education
Students can also take two other approves elective courses such as:
Active Leisure Studies, Technology, Visual Art and Dance.
Each of the courses mentioned above are designed on a modular basis. A module is of 30 hours in duration. Students must take a total of 44 modules over the two-year programme.